For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, to give you a future and a hope. Jer. 29:11

Thursday, March 18, 2010

How God works things out...

    I travelled to Providence, RI last weekend for work. We were doing demos at the Home Show. I got to stay at the Providence Biltmore Hotel, which is absolutely beautiful. The old glass elevator is a historical landmark, so they had rebuilt the hotel around it. I have pictures but can't get them off my phone at the moment. I made decent money too, so that's a plus.

    Sometimes God has to hit me over the head with a brick to get me to see something. In my previous post, I asked if all this being away from home and being tired was worth it. But after talking to someone and thinking more, how could I have not seen what a huge blessing has fallen into my lap? All because of a divorce. If my husband had not left, I would not have taken this job.  I am gaining confidence, making good money, traveling, and meeting new people all the time. The fair season is coming up, and my boss has asked me specifically to travel with her to places like Minnesota. I've always wanted to see the rest of my country, but it was nothing but a pipe dream at one point. Now, it is a reality.

    I believe that God is restoring to me 'what the years of the locusts have eaten'. I never thought anything good would come out of my divorce. I must not be so quick to put God in a box.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am gaining confidence, making good money, traveling, and meeting new people all the time."

    This is just wonderful to hear!! You really are turning lemons into lemonade and I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling more confident. :)

    (Also, I'd like to comment with my blog URL - thesavedquarter.com - but there is no Name/URL option. I hope you'll add that! Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete